Preface by K.N. Rao; Introduction;
Kanda 1, 1. Determination of the Time of Birth: Slokas: 1. Obeisance to Ganapati; 2. Obeisance to Para Shakti; 3. Previous part of the text & the purpose of the present chart; 4. Time of birth, planets & bhavas; 5-6. Rectification of time of birth; 7. Position of Mandi; 8. Position of Gulika; 9. Delivery room; 10. Birth when the father is away, nature of delivery; 11. Details about the delivery room;
2. Determination of the Strength: Slokas: 1. Right & left side, functions of the sun & the moon; 2-3. Relations among the planets; 3-4. Sapta vargas; 4-5. Exaltations, signs & strength of planets; 6. Exaltation, debilitation & retrogression; 7-8. Hora, Drekkana, Saptamsa; 8-9. Navamsa, Dwadasamsa, Trimsamsa; 9-10. Strength of the Saptavargas; 10-11. Strength of Uchcha & Kendra;
11-12. Strength of odd & even signs & Drekkana; 12-13. Directional strength; 13-15. Pakshabala, Diva-ratri bala & Natonnata bala; 16-17. Strength of lords of the year, month & day of birth; 17-18. Ayana & Chesta strength, planetary war; 18-19. Aspects; 19-20. Strength of aspects; 20-21. Natural strength, Shadbala; 21-23. Rectified Shadbala, Strength & weakness of planets, Nature of their major periods;
3. Determination of Longevity: Slokas: 1. Amsa Ayurdaya; 2. Various kinds of reductions; 3. Longevity given by lagna in Amsa Ayurdaya; 4. Knowledge of the good & bad deeds in the past, present & future lives; 5. How to compute longevity in these three births; 6. Long, medium, short life, Effects of malefics in 1, 4, 7, 10, 5, 9, 8 & 12; 7. Short life & no children; 8. Very short life;
4. Effects of the Planets & Houses: Slokas: 1. A great person of fame; 2. Yogas destroying the above; 3. Special raja yogas; 4. Raja yogas from the lords of 9 & 10; 5. Yogas continued; 6. When is a bhava destroyed?; 7. Lord of the lagna in the three Drekkanas; 8. Yogas caused by Chandra, Kuja & Shani; 9. Guru, Shukra & Rahu; 10. When is a bhava worthless?;
11. Lord of the bhava promoting it; 12. When is a bhava destroyed; 13. Benefic nature of a planet to be determined; 14. Association of a planet with benefics & malefics; 15. Bala, Vriddha, Astangata, Vijita states, special features; 16. Where do benefics & malefics prove auspicious; 17. Gradations; 18. Effects of bhavas; 19. Chhadaka planets; 20. Chhadaka, Vedhaka, Bandhaka & Pratibandhaka, Marakas for the bhavas;
21. Different Vedhas & longevity; 22. Viparita rajayogas; 23. Special yogas for supreme power; 24. Chatushtaya, Kendra, Kantaka, Panaphara, Apoklima, Kona, Upachaya, Lagna & Janma; 25. Sun & moon, Three Gunas; 26. Adhi yoga; 27. Owning wealth; 28. Dhana yoga; 29. Planets in Kendras & Panapharas; 30. Special Dhana yogas; 31. Movable, fixed & dual signs & their strength, Chhadaka & Vedhaka; 32. When does the yoga fructify?; 33. Moon in the above yogas; 34. Arudhas & Padas; 35. Results of eight Padas; 36. Children - their sex & number; 37. Childlessness & adoption; 38. Number of wives; 39. Wife; 40. First & subsequent wives; 41. Brothers & sisters; 42. Adhikagraha; 43. Planets with Adhikagraha; 44-45. Effects of planets from this adhikagraha;
5. Significators & Significations of Planets & Houses: Slokas: 1-23: Karakatvas of bhavas 1 - 12; 23-26. Karakatvas of Ravi; 26-29. Karakatvas of Chandra; 30-34. Karakatvas of Kuja; 34-37. Karakatvas of Budha; 38-41. Karakatvas of Guru; 42-46. Karakatvas of Shukra; 46-50. Karakatvas of Shani; 51-53. Karakatvas of Rahu; 53-55. Karakatvas of Ketu;
6. Results of the Major Periods of Planets: Slokas: 1. Nine avasthas of the planets; 2. Need for using major & sub-periods; 3. Vimshottari dasa & its sequence; 4. How to calculate the balance of dasa at birth; 5-8. Calculation of sub-periods, effects of the dasas of sun & moon; 8-9. Major period of Kuja; 9-10. Major period of Budha; 10-11. Major period of Guru;
11-12. Major period of Shukra; 12-13. Major period of Shani; 13-14. Major period of Rahu; 14-15. Major period of Ketu; 15-16. Rahu & Ketu as marakas & as benefics; 16-17. Rahu & Ketu in the four dual signs; 17-18. Rahu & Ketu in other signs; 18-19. Rahu & Ketu in 6, 8, 12 & other matters; 19-20. Rahu & Ketu with yoga karakas; 20-21. Exaltation, debilitation, mulatrikona & own signs of Rahu & Ketu, their friends & others;
21-22. Rahu & Ketu in relation to the lord of signs they occupy; 22-23. The results of a subperiod in a major period; 23-24. Which major & minor periods are benefic, average & bad; 24-25. Malefic & benefic nature of the lord of the subperiod defined; 25-26. Effects of the sub-periods in relation to the major period, Same dasa giving rajayoga & also death; 26-27. When does a rajayoga planet postpone death?; 27-29. Guru & Shukra in their mutual periods; 29-31. Mutual periods of Shukra & Shani;
31-32. Mutual periods of Ravi & Shani; 32-33. Mutual periods of Kuja & Guru; 33-34. Mutual periods of Budha & Guru, Budha & Shukra, Guru & the moon, Shukra & the moon, Guru & the sun, Sun & Kuja, Ravi & Budha; 34-38. Annual solar return - Varsha Phala; 38-43. Results of the periods during the year of the solar return;
7. Horary Astrology: Slokas: 1. Lost horoscopes or unavailable dates & times of birth; 2-3. Method to find out the exact lagna; 4. Position of Jupiter at the time of birth; 5. Nasta Jataka & its assessment; 6. Dhatu, Mula & Jiva; 7. Lagna at the time of query; 8. Subject of the query; 9. Results to be predicted; 10. When will the answer be fulfilled?; 11-12. Division of the zodiac & how to answer the queries; 13. Sthula & Sukshma moon at the time of the question; 14-15. Subject of the question; 16. Terms chara, sthira, dvisvabhava, gargha, dvara & bahya defined, in which hand is the thing?; 17. Is the thing long or short? What is its color?; 18. Time of fructification; 19. Effects of the time of question;
8. Miscellaneous Problems in Prediction: Slokas: 1. Garbhadhana; 2. Nisheka & garbhadhana; 3-4. How to see that a girl of advanced age having no menses, fit; 5. Aslesha & Magha, Shantis to be performed; 6. Jyeshtha & Mula, Revati & Ashvini; 7. Puberty at gandantara; 8. Tyajyakala, effects of eclipses; 9. Amrita ghatikas for medicine; 10-11. Adoption; 12. Preliminaries for marriage; 13. Marriage invitations; 14. Kurma Chakra for inaugurating a new house; 15. Auspicious time for constructing a new house; 16. Vrishabha & Kalasa Chakras for entering a new house; 17-19. Dasa-dasi chakra for engaging a new servant or servant maid; 19-20. Cattle to be given or purchased;
20-21. Asva Chakra for mounting a horse; 21-22. Gaja chakra for mounting an elephant; 22-23. Shibika Rohana getting into a palanquin; 23-24. Chhatra Chakra - Royal umbrella; 25. Khatwa chakra for mounting a cot; 26. Chapa Dhanush Chakra; 27. Ratha chakra; 28. Ghurna chakra; 29. Sugar cane; 30. Ploughing; 31. New boat; 32. New lamp; 33. New well or tank; 34. New pillar; 35. Door; 36. New oven; 37. New box; 38-39. Where to settle in a town or country; 40. Upanayana; 41-44. Hidden treasure; 46. What kind of a treasure is it?; 47. The kind of vessel; 48. Is there any treasure?; 49-50. Vivaha chakra.
Second Kanda, Chapter 1: Slokas: 1. Marriage; 2-7. Sapindya; 8. Same continued; 9. Brotherless girls' marriage; 10. Five bad customs south of the Narmada; 11. Bad customs in the East; 12. Marriage with the daughter of a maternal uncle; 13. Children of different wives of the same father; 14. Marriage prohibitions; 15. Eating before & after marriage; 16. Pancha Sutri; 17. Six Pindas in a Shraddha; 18. Who is elder among the twins?; 19. Twelve kinds of children;
20-21. Adopted son; 22. Study of the Veda; 23-24. Gotra & Pinda-pradana for the adopted son; 25. Shraddha; 26. Pani Homa; 27. Shraddha & bhikshus; 28. Rites of other castes done by a Brahmana; 29. Bath in the sea; 30. Restrictions regarding food for widows & ascetics; 31-32. Who can offer Pindas?; 33-36. Upanayana; 37. Marriage & menstruation; 38-41. Ten avataras of Vishnu; 42. Janmashtami & Ganesha Chaturthi; 43. Rishi Panchami, Ananta Chaturdasi, Maraka Chaturdasi; 44-47. Skanda puja, Ratha Saptami, Shiva Ratri, Ekadashi & Dvadashi; 48. Eclipses & Shraddha; 49. Ashaucha;
50. Intercalary month & Shraddha; 51. Solar ingress - auspicious time; 52-54. Tarpana & Vaisvadeva; 55-56. Nadi Shraddha when father is alive; 57. When the wife has conceived; 58. Tarpana & Shraddha; 59-61. Shraddha; 62-65. Menstrual periods; 66. Time to be dropped; 67-69. Urination & excretion; 70. Bath; 71. When are the rivers in menstruation?; 72. Fingers; 73. Pradosha; 74-76. Tarpanas in Shraddha;
Chapter 2: Slokas: 1. Zodiac; Planetary aspects; 3. Benefics in kendras & konas, Lord of 8 & 12; 4. Guru & Shukra as Marakas, luminaries owning the 8th house; 5-7. Rahu & Ketu, their benefic & malefic results & their major & minor periods, houses 9, 10, 8; 8. Maraka places, who is a malefic; 9. Shani as Maraka, other marakas & their periods; 10. Nature of the subperiods in the period of a planet owning a kona, Kendra lords, yoga karakas & death;
11. Major period of a yoga karaka & the subperiods in his own period; 12. Subperiod of planets with the nodes; 13. Mutual periods of Shani & Kuja, lords of lagna & Chandra lagna, raja lords; 14. Benefics, malefics & marakas for persons born in Mesha lagna & Vrishabha lagna; 15. Vrishabha, Mithuna & Karka lagnas; 16. Karka, Simha & Kanya lagnas; 17. Kanya & Tula lagnas; 18. Vrischika & Dhanur lagnas; 19. Dhanush & Makara lagnas; 20. Kumbha & Mina lagnas;
21. Good & bad effects given by planets; 22. Difficulties in interpretation; 23. Malefics, marakas; 24. Guru, Shukra & Sani; 25. Chandra & Shukra, lords of 3, 6, 7, 8 & 11; 26. Chandra, Shukra, Rahu & meteors; 27. Longevity; 28. Day, Tithi & nakshatra for illegitimate children; 29. Vani Pata Yoga.
Notable in this book: A method of finding past, present & future births, different from the one given by Varahamihira. An original & simple method for solar return charts, different from the Tajika method. An elaborate account of Rahu & Ketu. An interpretation of retrograde planets in their exaltation & debilitation. Mutual periods of Shani & Shukra. Muhurta & nimitta. Guru & Shani as co-workers. Jaimini's system simplified. Horary astrology & lost or unknown dates of birth.